University of Maryland, University College
Computer Science Major
College of Southern Maryland
Associate of Science in Computer Science, Honors
The Goal, Inc., Reston, VA (On contract to Booz Allen Hamilton (BAH), McLean, VA)
Software Engineer, Mid, January 2017 - Present
- Developed an ASP.Net MVC Web Application to support Pricing Process Improvement team.
- Used AngularJS to provide rich, SPA-like user experience.
- Gathered, documented, and managed requirements using Extreme Programming (Agile) methodologies and Visual Studio Team Services
- Managed Project Schedule
- Collaborated with BAH Operations staff to test and deploy the software.
KBRwyle, Aerospace Group, Lexington Park, MD
Software Engineer, October 2015 – December 2016
Air Vehicle Performance (AVP)
- Tablet Apps (iOS and Android) for calculating aircraft performance data for MH-60R/S, UH-1Y, AH-1Z.
- Implemented core app architecture of new Xamarin.Forms app using the MVVM pattern.
- Developed app UI using XAML that is adaptable to many screen sizes and resolutions.
- Migrated legacy Xamarin.iOS app to Xamarin.Forms platform.
- Wrote comprehensive set of NUnit tests to detect regressions in the externally provided performance calculator components.
- Supported development of ASSIST, an ASP.Net MVC and WebAPI service for authentication and authorization of VECTOR and DECKPLATE users.
- Designed and implemented hierarchical data model in MS SQL Server for Role management in ASSIST.
- Researched, documented, and executed a plan to enable Continuous Integeration builds for the VECTOR application in TFS 2012.
Naval Information Dominance Approval System (NAV-IDAS)
- Developed new features for a production ASP.Net System, which facilitates approval of IT procurements
- Created new Excel reports using EPPlus
- Developed and maintained automated tests using nUnit
- Improved performance and usability of main landing page by changing server-side data retrieval to client-side AJAX calls and writing Linq-to-SQL queries to replace poorly performing views
- Air Vehicle Performance (AVP)
Zekiah Technologies, Inc., La Plata, MD & Dahlgren, VA
Programmer, Web Developer, May 2009 – October 2015
Navy, Mission Assurance Division (Z30) – Mission Assurance Decision Support System (MADSS)
- Performed primarily front-end development in Silverlight of new functionality for the KnowledgeBase Manager Application (a general data entry application within the MADSS system) and the Map Application (an application to interface with spatial data within MADSS), as well as other MADSS applications.
- Interfaced with a very large and complex data model through a WCF-based service architecture.
- Participated in requirements gathering and definition for new features and tools.
- Performed technical demonstrations of new MADSS functionality for various teams and user communities.
- Leveraged Telerik UI for Silverlight to deliver a consistent user experience, including the use of RadDiagram for visual mapping of resource dependency relationships within MADSS.
- Developed automated test procedures using nUnit.
NAVSEA & Lockheed Martin – Afloat Master Planning System (AMPS)
- Migrated a legacy ASP application to ASP.Net.
- Developed Visual Studio AddIn to automate several high-frequency tasks within the migration effort.
TAIM – Test and Assessment Item Management system
- Designed and developed a ASP.NET MVC application to support extensive creation and maintenance of grade school curriculum test objects.
- Designed and developed SQL Server database, accessed with Entity Framework to support the dynamic content of the web application.
- Worked closely with client to gather requirements and validate design decisions.
- Leveraged third-party WYSIWYG editor from Ephox to provide powerful content editing functionality.
AMOG – Satellite Tracking and Intelligence Gathering
- Developed extensive software in .NET and WPF to integrate with robotically-controlled telescope hardware in order to track and gather data on satellites and other earth-orbiting objects.
- Extended Software Bisque TheSkyX software API in order to capture and review of images captured from CCD camera hardware
- Tested and evaluated hardware interfaces for telescope mount robotics and CCD camera.
- Developed software interface to receive and process data from GPS and magnetometer sensors
ALTESS-FASST – Android Application
- Developed a prototype Android app that provides mobile access to data stored in the ALTESS-FASST system.
- Developed API to consume ASP.Net MVC-based REST services from the Android app.
ELCON – Computerized Maintenance Management System
- Developed ASP.Net MVC application to track and report elevator service calls
- Implemented authentication and access control for the web application
- Delivered and installed the system to the client’s servers
NRL – Materials Management Database
- Developed a wizard interface using ASP.Net MVC and JQuery to gather metadata needed to parse raw data files that are generated by measuring equipment
JFCOM – Global Synchronization Tool
- Developed several new features within the tool using ASP.Net
- Developed a WinForms version of the Assessment module to support batch data entry disconnected from the main web application
- Navy, Mission Assurance Division (Z30) – Mission Assurance Decision Support System (MADSS)
- Frameworks: AngularJS, JQuery, nUnit, Telerik/Kendo UI
- Database: Microsoft SQL Server
- GitHub Profile: https://github.com/JimmyTheChimp